19 year-old Jason Brown, a 2013 Highland Park High School graduate, is heading to the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia!
Jason began skating with the Park District at age 3 1/2 and has been a regular in the Park District’s annual Ice Show ever since. He is now one of twoskaters representing the United States in Men’s Figure Skating.
Click here to see Jason at the U.S. Figure Skating Championship two weeks ago, when he qualified for the Olympics.
As a community, Highland Park is celebrating with Jason. Join the fun as he heads to the Olympics!
- On Monday, January 27, 2014 at 7:30 p.m. stop by City Hall (1707 St. Johns Ave.) or tune in at home on Channel 10 or watch via computer as I proclaim Friday, February 7, 2014 Jason Brown Day in Highland Park. Jason will be joining us from his training center in Colorado via Skype.
- Sign the card! Stop by the Highland Park Public Library now through Monday afternoon, 1/27 and sign a giant community card wishing Jason “Good Luck!”
- Show your pride! Stop by City Hall beginning Tuesday to pick up printed ribbons for tying around trees or hanging from doors, wishing Jason “Good Luck!” Thank you to Highland Park business, The Ribbon Print Company, for providing these special decorations.
- Watch together! The Park District will host a party to watch Jason skate in Sochi (details to be provided by the Park District of Highland Park). Join them or host your own! Click here for the official Olympic TV schedule.
- Highland Park High School students can show their Giant pride by wearing “Good Luck Jason Brown!” stickers, provided at HPHS on February 7, as well as through other activities to be announced.
- Tweet Jason @JasonBSkates and send your good wishes directly.
- Look for banners and signs throughout town celebrating Jason’s success.
What a special time this is for Jason, his family and his coaches. Join us as we cheer on our hometown’s Olympian together!