A health care accessibility fair will be held next Saturday, February 25 between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. at the Highland Park Country Club, 1201 Park Avenue West, Highland Park.
Information about free and reduced-cost health care options in our area, public health insurance information and other public assistance services will be available.
The fair is free and open to the public. To assist parents with young children, the Park District of Highland Park will host a free, supervised open gym during the event. Adults with aging parents may also find the fair to be helpful.
The fair will begin with brief presentations from various health care providers, including Highland Park Hospital and North Shore Health Services – Lake County, followed by individual break-out sessions designed to connect participants with health care resources. The following will be available (click on the blue links for more details):
- Financial counselors to discuss health accessibility options
- Free osteoporosis screening
- Free glaucoma screening
- Free blood glucose screening
- Free blood pressure screening
- Explanation of free and reduced-cost health services
State of Illinois:
- Department of Healthcare and Family Services staff to determine eligibility and register children in the All Kids Insurance program
- Information regarding ICHIP (high-risk insurance pool via State of Illinois) and SHIP (Senior Health Insurance Program-health insurance counseling service for Medicare beneficiaries and their caregivers)
- Descriptions of Free Transportation
- Circuit Breaker Program (provides grants to senior citizens and persons with disabilities to help them reduce the impact of taxes and prescription medications on their lives)
- Link Card (food stamps)
- Food Pantry
- General Assistance
- Safe Link (free cell phone with limited minutes)
- Electric and heating assistance programs
- Information about free or reduced-cost programs
For more information about the health care accessibility fair, please contact Don Miner, City of Highland Park (847) 432-4110 or email@example.com.